The Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) provides athletes the opportunity to excel at the Olympic Games, promote the values of Olympism and the benefits of participation in sport to all Australians.
To drive our vision of Australians inspired by the spirit of Olympic Sport, we seek people who are passionate, dedicated and strive for high performance. How we do things at the AOC is as important as what we do and our values are at the core of this.
The Australian Olympic Committee is committed to being and organisation that is an equal opportunity employer and provides a welcoming, respectful and safe environment for children, members, volunteers and employees.
All staff and volunteers of the AOC must complete background screening (including holding a current Working With Children Check).
COMMUNITY PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
This position will play a key role in the delivery of our new program, Olympics Unleashed with a focus on NSW. It will also be responsible for the effective delivery of the AOC's Community Engagement programs and is responsible for the coordination, development and implementation. This role has a focus on Olympics Unleashed as well as education initiatives, events and strategic partnerships.
We are seeking a passionate person who will bring their experience of working in education, community engagement or sport participation programs.
The key deliverables for this position include:
- Effective delivery of the Olympics Unleashed program with a focus on NSW. This includes: coordinating school visits, liaison with schools and ensuring athlete availability.
- Building strong relationships with athletes to ensure readiness to be a part of the Community programs. This includes: Organise and coordinate travel arrangements for programs, availability and attendance at visits and training days, seeking information to connect athletes with the most suitable visits and training days.
- Assist in developing and maintaining online CRM system (Salesforce).
- Identification of potential opportunities for innovation and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of Olympics Unleashed operations.
- Communicate and engage professionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with the preparation of Board papers and draft correspondence for relevant programs
- Provide administrative where required to deliver Community engagement programs and support the team.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in Community, Education or Sport participation programs and/ or events
- Relevant Business or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating large scale events or programs
- Experience in coordinating projects is highly desirable
- Excellent IT skills including the ability to learn new applications quickly, including utilising a CRM (Salesforce desirable)
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi- task
- Excellent attention to detail, a can-do attitude and a willingness to demonstrate initiative and do what it takes
- Ability to communicate at all levels across various stakeholders and exercise and discretion on delicate matters
- Keen interest and knowledge of Olympic sports desirable
Closing date is COB Monday 11 March 2019
Successful candidates will be contacted thereafter.